2 lbs shrimp
2 lbs scallops
1 plum tomato, diced
1 small yellow onion, diced
1 green sweet pepper, diced
1 banana pepper, diced
1 jalapeno pepper, small dice
4 oz roasted red peppers, cut in small strips
1 T extra virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
32 radicchio leaves, washed and left whole (about 4 radicchios)
4 avocadoes, cut in wedges, for garnish (optional)
Cilantro or parsley, finely chopped, for garnish (optional)
Preparing the Ceviche
- Clean the shrimp and remove the veins.
- Clean the scallops and remove the beards.
- Squeeze the juice from the limes and lemons into a non-reactive bowl.
- Gently mix the scallops and shrimp into the bowl with the lemon/lime juice and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Mix together the rest of the ingredients, except for the avocadoes and the herbs.
- After the shrimp and scallops have marinated for one hour, add the vegetable mixture to the bowl.
- Allow to refrigerate for at least 3 hours. The ceviche is done when the shrimp turn opaque.
- Wash the radicchio leaves.
- Place 4 radicchio leaves in the center of the plate, carefully arrange them so that they look like a flower.
- Spoon the ceviche into the radicchio leaves.
- Garnish the sides of the plate with the avocado slices.
- Sprinkle with the chopped cilantro or parsley.